Emotional Intelligence in Education
While the education system tries to ensure that all students learn the essentials – the 3 R’s – Reading, wRiting, and aRithmetic, there is very little emphasis placed on building soft skills or emotional intelligence.
Emotional intelligence is defined as “a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.”
These Social Skills include:
- Working well in a team.
- Clear, effective communications.
- Adapting well to change, and being optimistic.
- Having empathy – being attuned to other people’s emotions and concerns.
- Smooth interactions with a wide variety of people.
- Thinking clearly and solving problems under pressure.
- Recognizing and coping with stress.
There is no official trajectory one can follow to improve these soft skills. There is no University of Emotional Intelligence. And yet they are integral to success and self-fulfillment and making a difference in the world.
Why shouldn’t we prepare our students for emotional conflicts and management while we prepare them for a career?
As an instructor, we put students into teams, but we rarely spend time teaching them how to work in teams. We assign projects, which add to their stress levels, but we don’t teach them how to handle that stress.
These soft skills are rarely taught in school. Yet where does one learn how to hone these social skills?
Online Emotional Intelligence Training Program
We have designed an online emotional intelligence training platform that can be tailored to meet your specific learning objectives. Every person has unique professional development goals and these programs allow you to focus on your personal developmental areas.
In all of our online programs. the Mini-Class, the six Minor Program Packages, and Mastery Program, you will learn the secrets essential to becoming a more effective leader and to achieve greater success and happiness. These distinct programs have been created to allow you to start your emotional intelligence leadership journey at your own pace.
We have specifically developed three different types of online training programs called the 3M’s. All programs include video lessons with downloadable instructions, learning guides and end with a final exam to ensure competency development in the subject.
The 3M’s consist of the following:
Get Unstuck and Empowered with Emotional Intelligence is a mini-series that empowers you to be a better you. Taking just two hours out of your employee’s day, this 6-part video program is designed to introduce emotional intelligence and provide basic strategies to improve effectiveness both professionally and personally.
MINOR PROGRAM PACKAGES
Minor programs are designed to take three hours over the course of one week. These packages will not impede daily operations but create more driven and effective employees.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence – This program is broken down into 10 videos that will focus on developing a basic understanding of what Emotional Intelligence is, why it is important, and how it helps identify personal strengths and development opportunities.
- Enhance Your Self-Perception With Emotional Intelligence – Over six video lessons, this program covers self-regard, self-actualization, and emotional self-awareness. Self-perception is proven to positively affect how professionals conduct themselves in personal and business relationships. Learning how to improve self-perception will help you gain awareness of how you perceive yourself and how well you present yourself to others.
- Boost Your Self Expression With Emotional Intelligence – This program is split up into six videos that describe emotional expression, assertiveness and independence. Employees will discover how effectively they are able to communicate how they are feeling to others which can avoid speculation and misperceptions from colleagues.
- Develop Your Interpersonal Skills With Emotional Intelligence – This program has six video lessons that look at interpersonal relationships, empathy and social responsibility. Strong interpersonal skills will allow your team to establish mutually satisfying relationships build on trust and compassion.
- Improve Your Decision-Making Ability with Emotional Intelligence – This program is essential for every organization but often people struggle making decisions effectively. This six-part series will focus on problem-solving, reality testing and impulse control allowing for structured, and rational analytical decision making.
- Increase Your Stress Management With Emotional Intelligence – This final program will cover the final three emotional intelligence competencies of flexibility, stress tolerance and optimism. All three work together cohesively to create effective stress management while managing and controlling your emotions in challenging situations.
Leading with Emotional Intelligence is designed to take 15 hours over the course of six weeks. This mastery program is a guide for professionals that want to get unstuck. It is designed to work through the EQ-i 2.0® model developed by Multi-Health Systems (MHS) consisting of all 15 emotional intelligence competencies within five major areas: Self Perception, Self Expression, Interpersonal, Decision Making, and Stress Management. This comprehensive program provides all of the key content from each of the six minor program packages, plus a bonus video on happiness.